Jun 22, 2008

About Meniere’s syndrome


All the people have several experiences that are important to their life. That could be a happy event or sometimes a sad one. In my life, I also have a lot of events like marriage, giving birth, and having job. One of the recently shocking events happened 2 years ago. I never forget the morning of the 12 August 2006. The Meniere’s disease attacked me suddenly.


When I get up that morning, I felt the whole room was spinning very fast just like I’m in the rollercoaster. Then I fall down. After I went to the hospital, I realized that it was a typical symptom of the Meniere’s syndrome which I never heard before. The Meniere’s syndrome became my inveterate disease from that time. For a few months, I couldn’t do anything because of severe dizzying. That was really hard time for me. I couldn’t walk away, couldn’t read anything, couldn’t watch TV, and couldn’t listen to music. Finally, I had to leave my job for one year to cure my disease.

In 1861, the French physician Prosper Meniere described the illness which is an abnormality within the inner ear. The disease named for his name, the Meniere’s syndrome. Its symptoms are vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), a feeling of fullness or pressure in the ear, imbalance, vomiting and hearing loss.

The causes of the Meniere’s syndrome are not known exactly. Excessive stress, overwork, fatigue, emotional shock, certain foods, low blood pressure, and too much salt in the diet are known for the cause of it. Marilyn Monroe who was famous American actress was suffered from the Meniere’s syndrome, and Han Ji-Min, Korean young actress, was recently received attention after reporting that she has this disease.

I never expected that this incurable disease came to me. When I get tired, I always feel dizzy and exhausted. I have to be careful about my health all the time. I was really scared about my disease before, but I thank to have this disease nowadays. It changed my life a lot. I never attempt too much anything, and I always try to keep my temper in comfortable. Most of all, it made me to realize the importance of health.


No comments: