Apr 27, 2008

Idioms

Five Idioms

No Idioms
1. Since she studied so hard, it is no wonder she got grade 'A' at this semester's final test.
2. There's no way that I could go abroad alone, because my parents never permit it.
3. There was no chance of taking a seat in the packed concert hall.
4. Preparing birthday party for my mother-in-law was no picnic.
5. There is no doubt that he'll pass the entrance exam.

See Idioms
1. He explained the purpose of that plan for one hour, but I still can't see the point.
2. After she left in angry all of a sudden, I tried to think it again in her point of view.
3. Please open your eyes. We have to examine this proposal very carefully. 4. The boy explained about his late, but the teacher saw through him that he told a lie.
5. Did he designed this building? Now I get the picture. That's why he knew everything about this building.

Way Idioms
1. I'm always set in my ways to wearing clothes. That's the reason that I'm not fashionable.
2. Our boss have worked his way to the top. So he understands our difficulties at work very well.
3. She finally persuaded the obstinate client since she has a way with words.
4. His will was so strong that nothing can stand in his way.
5. Which do you want for dinner, seafood or steak? You can't have it both ways.
6. The man was not my type, so I kept out of his way.
7. To my way of thinking, Sydney is more suitable for you to stay.

War Idioms
1. We admit our sales records fall down in every product, but we never give up without a fight. We could start again.
2. Our company's image seems to be bad these days. We need to reinforce the Public Relations division.
3. Mom is very upset to you for coming too late last night. You'd better to keep your head down this morning.
4. I've set my sights on the position for the PR manager.
5. Our company's target is to make a new design car every year.

Time Idioms
1. I spent 5 hours doing homework yesterday. It's terrible!
2. I wasted twenty minutes waiting for my bus. That's why I've come late.
3. I think watching soap opera on TV is a waste of time.
4. I asked him to give me spare time to complete my proposal.
5. I bought a dish washer to save my time doing dishes. It is really convenient.

1 comment:

Craig said...

There would appear to be some coding problems with your blog. I cannot expand the posts to show the information.